Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Unable to activate Alteryx Server using alteryx-deploy tool for a silent installation

fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to integrate the alteryx-deploy PowerShell scripts in order to create an installation pipeline for Alteryx server on AWS.

Link to the tool - Akaizoku/alteryx-deploy: Alteryx deployment utility (github.com)

I have tried the action Install with the following command which was successful in installing the Alteryx server without any hiccups

.\Deploy-Alteryx.ps1 -Action "install" -Unattended -LicenseKey "xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

The script fails when it moves to the action Activate which runs the script Invoke-ActivateAlteryx.ps1, with the following error

>> TerminatingError(Invoke-ActivateAlteryx): "Cannot process argument transformation on parameter 'Key'. Cannot convert value to type System.String."
Cannot process argument transformation on parameter 'Key'. Cannot convert value to type System.String.
Invoke-ActivateAlteryx : Cannot process argument transformation on parameter 'Key'. Cannot convert value to type
System.String.
At C:\Users\6119501\OneDrive - Thomson Reuters
Incorporated\Desktop\Work\Alteryx\Server\alteryx-deploy-main\powershell\Install-Alteryx.ps1:236 char:13
+             Invoke-ActivateAlteryx -Properties $Properties -Unattende ...
+             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Invoke-ActivateAlteryx], ParameterBindingArgumentTransformationExcepti
   on
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentTransformationError,Invoke-ActivateAlter

I am assuming this is related to the License-Key Parameter, but I am not able to deduce the correct format in which I need to pass it as a parameter while invoking the script.

I have tried to debug the script in PowerShell ISE and pass the parameters manually but was unsuccessful.

Would be very helpful if anybody else can come up with a suggestion.

Thanks in advance

0 REPLIES 0