Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Unable to access mongoDB

Asheikh
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am creating an alteryx module in which I need to access the Scheduler files, When I try to connect the BSON files from MongoDB input, I am getting the error of( Error: MongoDB Input (1): Mongo Error (connect) : { msg:"can't connect couldn't connect to server localhost:27018 (127.0.0.1), connection attempt failed" code: 9000 }).

I am providing the right credentials, database name and collection name.

mongoDB.JPG

Need your help to connect with files.

Thanks in Advance

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Asheikh,

Are you attempting to access the Mongo DB from the server itself or from your desktop designer.  The localhost:27018 is on the server and if you are trying to get there remotely, you won't be able to get there.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Asheikh
5 - Atom

I am working on the server. But not able to access it. 

One more thing I am not able to find any services related to MongoDB. Do they exist in Alteryx folder only or we need to install MongoDB to access it.

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

There is not much to go on here, do the credentials work with the Gallery Usage Report? Most commonly when I see this error with a straight new connection, the user is trying to use the admin password. Can you confirm that you arre using the non-admin password as below? The admin password is for admin facility not full access.

Non_admin_Mongo.png

Asheikh
5 - Atom

Hi @kaneG ,

Thanks for the suggestion, Actually I was using the old password. Now I am using the new one and its running fine. Thanks