Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Time Zone Support Pop-up window not going

stevelogue1980
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

When i log to the Gallery, Time Zone Support Pop-up window is coming and when I select Time zone filter, its blank and tried to pick blank value and save, but still not going Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 4.24.17 PM.png

23 REPLIES 23
johnsond
5 - Atom

Hi - Has this issue actually been resolved? We just installed the latest available for 2023.1 and I was able to access gallery once before this pop-up now prevents moving forward. 

djcharon1
5 - Atom

I don't know if it is resolved in a newer version but we were able to resolve by using Shift +F5.

This solution was from these discussion boards.

stephenkopriva
5 - Atom

In previous Gallery versions, the refresh and click another option method worked just fine.  However, in the new version of Alteryx server, the time zones populate but the 'Save' button is frozen.. It is impossible to login with a new account for the first time in the new server version.  

EdP
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @stephenkopriva --

I've opened a case for you regarding the timezone Save button being unresponsive, case 00648887, and I'll email you from that case to better understand what's happening.  We believed we had corrected the timezone selection issue and I'd like to see what's happening for you.

"The new server doesn't allow 'List of Sheet Names' import" -- this was a defect in the initial 23.1 release and was corrected in 23.1 Patch 2 (TPRI-2493). I'm sorry for this defect's impact on your workflows, but I'm hopeful your Server admin can apply the Patch at the next service interval they have scheduled.

Ed
Alteryx Sr CSE

Ed Phelps
Sr CSE
Alteryx
EdP
Alteryx
Alteryx

The issue stephenkopriva raises regarding the timezone list appearing but the Save button not working is specific to 23.1.  We've identified this as a defect related to users with no First and/or Last name, which is common with Service accounts but would not affect typical users (Cher, Beyonce, and Rambo excepted).  Defect GCSE-1628.

Ed Phelps
Sr CSE
Alteryx
stephenkopriva
5 - Atom

This appears to be the fix.  Thank you so much for turning around so quickly!

compass
6 - Meteoroid

@EdP  is there a proposed workaround to Defect GCSE-1628?

EdP
Alteryx
Alteryx

@compass 

Hi -- A few issues have been mentioned in this conversation.  GCSE-1628 is specific to 23.1 Server where a new user doesn't have a first or last name (common for Service Accounts).  The behavior experienced is that the list of timezones will appear as expected, but the Save button will be unresponsive (if viewing the Chrome debug console errors will appear when the Save button is clicked stating the Last name--or First name--can't be blank).  If this is the experience you're having the workaround is to add a First or Last name to the Mongo collection of users, then reload the browser and attempt the login again).  This can be done through an API, PUT /v3/users/{id}. 

If you have any issues with this, please open a case and you're welcome to ask for me and we'll get your user going!

Ed Phelps

Ed Phelps
Sr CSE
Alteryx
LeeJD
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

We've just gt Alteryx server and I have the same problem as highlighted original on this thread, where the Time zone pop-up window wont disappear.

I tried Shift + F5, but that did not work - does anyone have any other suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks,

lee75clark1
7 - Meteor

Hi LeeJD, did you ever get this resolved we have just purchased server and have the same issue we are on version 2023.2.1?

Regards 

Lee Clark