Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Set condition between three columns

adombayeva
7 - Meteor

Hello,

Could you please help to solve the condition with following dataset:

Venture               Purpose       Value

1                         Forecast        100

2                         Planned         200

3                          Actual           0

The purpose is to set the condition only for Venture "1" , the rest (2 & 3) will use all the time "Planned" variable from the Purpose column and corresponding value. 

For the Venture "1" I need to use "Forecast" if the value exist, otherwise use "Planned" if there is a value or use Actual (as a last resort) if both Forecast and Planned will be equal to zero (null or empty cell).

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

There are a bunch of ways to solve this. Here's one approach.

adombayeva
7 - Meteor

Hi #TonyA,

Thank you for support,

I applied your workflow, but got issues with missing the data in Cross Tab output. This data after applying Cross tab the data in the input partially miss its content, since method for aggregating has been selected "First", but I need all values kept as it is. 

This is Cross tab input data:

clipboard_image_0.png    

Cross tab Output:

clipboard_image_1.png

Could you please advise, whether there are another aggregation methods that does keep all values in place?

Thanks,

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Not sure what you're looking for. Can you provide a sample input and the complete desired output? It looks like you gave me the result only for venture 1.

adombayeva
7 - Meteor

Hi #TonyaA, I could solve the issue finally by trying different options and accepted your previous solution as solved, since generally it worked.Thanks!

Now I have another issue, I will try to search for similar case, otherwise will post separately.

Kind regards