Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Server Scheduled Restarts

MattBenj
9 - Comet

My company has a four node Alteryx set up with each node running on it's own virtual machine. Over the last few months we've had some days where the gallery UI is slow and intermittent unable to translate alias errors (error will appear on one scheduled run but not on the next scheduled run). Each time this happens restarting our virtual machines has solved the issue. When I restarted this I simply watched the queue and restarted when nothing is running but now we are working with our IT team to set up scheduled monthly reboots. I'm trying to figure out a way to do this with minimal interruptions to workflows. Does anyone have a similar set up? How have you scheduled virtual machine restarts with minimal impact to your environment?

I found this suggestion but it doesn't seem to be implemented yet: Server Admin: Restart - Alteryx Community

1 REPLY 1
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MattBenj ,

Currently, the only option is for you to create a process for users to follow and with the help of the schedules forecast page + Alteryx usage report, you can move schedules that are right in the middle of your planned reboots.

The intermittent unable to translate alias could be related to one of your worker nodes not having access to a shared data connection. I understand that the reboots help your gallery to have a better performance, but I would suggest you to request a server health check from Alteryx to analyze issues in your server or even to suggest you to increase the number of nodes, separating the gallery from everything else or even adding a load balancer.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino