Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Script Error Alteryx.Server.Common.ILogger

jay_kidd
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

We've recently upgraded our servers to Alteryx 2022.1.1.25127 x64 Server (from Alteryx 2021.4.2.07064 x64 Server), when working through the Server Settings, they hit this same error on the same page.

Error:

An error has occurred in the script on this page.

No default instance is registered and cannot be automatically determined for type 'Alteryx.Server.Common.ILogger'

There is no configuration specified for Alteryx.Server.Common.ILogger

jay_kidd_0-1654491674285.png

Is there a way to fix or get around this?

Thanks,

Jay :)

9 REPLIES 9
jay_kidd
6 - Meteoroid

Some additional context:

• Windows Server 2019
  • Domain joined machine
  • Administrator user is local (non-domain)
Allenn
6 - Meteoroid

Exactly the same issue here. Same environment too. 

jay_kidd
6 - Meteoroid

No quite a workaround; but fell back on just editing the server config file directly with the settings we needed, which I found here:  

C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\RuntimeSettings.xml

😥

Allenn
6 - Meteoroid

Well it might be working for your case, but no luck for me as my case is a brand new installation...

Allenn
6 - Meteoroid

In case anyone got similar problem: I've contacted Alteryx support about this issue, the problem happens to the default admin field on Gallery Authentication in System Setting when you chose Windows Authentication. This field is a people picker field, as you type in it, a lookup request will be sent to your domain controller, if current Windows user doesn't have access to domain contoller, the script error pop up. To fix this problem, just login Windows as a domain account which has access to your domain controller. 

jay_kidd
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Allenn! I suspected as much. Our admin accounts were recently converted to local users to support CyberArk.

Allenn
6 - Meteoroid

Exactly the same situation. CyberArk uses local account, local account doesn't have access to domain controller. 

mathewsrt
Alteryx
Alteryx

This issue could be probably due to the system is not part of the domain or is configured as a workgroup.

As per below screenshot Windows authentication can be configured on the first machine which is joined to Domain.

The machine/server needs to be joined to domain to use Windows Auth or use Builtin/Saml authentications instead.

mathewsrt_0-1676200768628.png

Mathew Sebastian

Customer Support Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.

jay_kidd
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Mathew,

It was caused by accessing the Config app as a local user (non-domain). It needs to be accessed by a domain user to validate domain based accounts.

Cheers,

Jay :)