Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Scheduler Error from desktop Designer to Alteryx Server 2018.4 controller

kdmoloney
7 - Meteor

We recently upgraded our server to Alteryx Server 2018.4 and now people with designer 2018.3 are getting an error when trying to scheduler to the controller.

The error is listed below.

error.png

6 REPLIES 6
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

We do the opposite here - before upgrading the Server, all users must upgrade their machines.  Today, I personally am on 2018.4 but a few others aren't, so our Server is on 2018.3.  When I went to publish an app to the Gallery from my machine (so a 2018.4 app to a 2018.3 Gallery), I got an error stating the Gallery has to be upgraded (meaning the Server).

Since both Gallery and Server are in that Mongo instance, I'm guessing that's what you're running into as well.

ZacharyM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

To clarify, can you please confirm that your users are attempting to schedule directly on the Controller, versus from the Server Gallery?

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

To clarify, here's what I discovered:

• You cannot publish a 2018.4 app to a 2018.3 Gallery (this I know because I've tried it a few days ago).
  • Gallery & Scheduler work on the same infrastructure within the Server software (both in the Mongo DB).
  • Therefore, it is my guess that you cannot publish a 2018.3 schedule to a 2018.4 server.  

But again, that is just a guess, and if that guess is correct, I would be surprised, since that means 2018.3 is not compatible with 2018.4 which seems odd.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This was just posted which seems to confirm that both Server & Desktops/VMs must both be on 2018.4 for Schedules to work.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Analytics-Blog/Alteryx-Analytics-2018-4-A-fresh-new-modern-look/bc-...

kdmoloney
7 - Meteor

users are trying to schedule directly to the controller.

kdmoloney
7 - Meteor

Looks like 2018.3 is not compatible with 2018.4, once the users upgraded they are able to schedule.  This is the first version we have seen this issue.