Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Schedule workflow every 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 minutes past each hour?

jyww
5 - Atom

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Alteryx and trying to figure out if it can create a recurring schedule on a workflow saved to the server gallery 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 minutes past each hour of the day in a single schedule.  The reason it can not run every 10 minutes is to avoid clashing with another workflow scheduled at the top of each hour.

I believe the cron syntax would be something like....

10,20,30,40,50 * * * *

Would anyone know whether this is possible or not, and if so how?  Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
dYoast
11 - Bolide

It may not be the way you are looking for, but you could create 5 schedules that recur hourly.

For example, schedule01 would start at 08:10 and recur every hour - 9:10, 10:10, etc.

Your server should be able to run more than one workflow at once.  You may have other reasons, but you should be able to run this workflow every 10 minutes and not cause any problems with the other workflow.

If needed, you could set the other workflow to a higher priority to give it precedence.

jyww
5 - Atom

I went away thinking about it more and did realise the 5 schedule hourly approach.  It may not be ideal but I think it should definitely work.  So thank you @dYoast for your response and solution. 👍