Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Schedule report to run on last business day

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I need to schedule a report to run on the last business day of the month.  I know there aren't easy options for this.  I was hoping to use the custom schedule.  Based on what I see in the custom scheduler, I think I need to setup 12 custom schedules, one for each month.  Is that right?  Thanks in advance.  

13 REPLIES 13
FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I misunderstood your response on the schedule.  Makes sense now that I reread everything.  I like the idea of using the event trigger rather than the macro, and I found this post on setting up the commands -- https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Scheduling-Workflows-Using-Event-Run-....  

Thank you for all of the suggestions.  Very much appreciated!

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

No worries! I'm glad I could help.

jgolemo
5 - Atom

Hey there. I am interested in this solution. I created an alteryx module that takes my company's calendar and then determines whether or not today is a specific business day. The output of that module is a test tool that indicates whether or not that is the case. I then have another workflow that should only run if the above module outputs a true statement. I use a Conditional Runner tool, but for some reason it is still running the workflow. Can you possibly post your solution, or a sample solution that shows how you are using Conditional Runner to execute on a specified day? Thanks!

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Ultimately, I just wrote if logic with hard coded dates and a filter tool.