Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Save File to Gallery as Previous Alteryx Version?

samyeager
5 - Atom

Is there a way to publish items to a gallery at an earlier version of Alteryx?

When I try to save a relatively simple workflow, Alteryx complains that the version of the server (11.0) is earlier than the version of the workflow (11.3). Unfortunately, I have no control over the server so I can't update it.

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 8.55.53 AM.png

3 REPLIES 3
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@samyeager I'm in a similar boat and I just keep a non-admin version of Alteryx around. I currently use 11.3 and then have 11.0 installed as a non-admin version. You can have 1 admin and 1 non-admin installed on a machine.

Here is the link for the 11.0 non-admin: http://downloads.alteryx.com/Alteryx11.0.6.28907/AlteryxNonAdminInstallx64_11.0.6.28907.exe

skeen503979
8 - Asteroid

@patrick_digan 

Great to find this explanation from years back. 🙂 

I assume this is still the problem for current versions as well.  Is there a charge for "non-admin" versions?  I have v2019.4.4.20206 but our gallery is v10.0.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@skeen503979 yep it's still a problem. And you only need 1 license on your machine and both the admin and non-admin versions will operate.