Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Salesforce Input/Output Tool does not work on Server

suarezr
6 - Meteoroid

I am using the Salesforce Input/Output Tools for my workflows. The tools function perfectly fine when I run them on my local designer instance, but experience a "DecryptPassword - buffer too small" error once uploaded and run on a server instance. Full error below:

suarezr_0-1677164429427.png

Due to the large amount of data that needs to be processed by the workflow, I need the resources on the server instance. Has anyone found a solution to this error message?

5 REPLIES 5
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

The Salesforce Input/Output connector is a Python-based connector, so it will require the following registry key to exist in both the end users machine as well as each worker node on the server.   

• Type regedit in Windows Start Menu 
  • Browse to the folder location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx 
  • Right click and select New > String Value 

Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx 
Value Name: PythonAllowHideEncryption 
Value Data: true 

Once this key has been added, the user would need to reauthenticate the Salesforce tool on his workflow in Designer and republish the workflow to gallery.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

This is valid for both Salesforce and Sharepoint tools.

avinavb
6 - Meteoroid

Hi - I am facing an issue when trying to save the workflow with Salesforce Output tool to Alteryx Server:

avinavb_0-1680096800307.png

Need help?

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

@avinavb You need to install them on the Server machine. If you are not the admin, please ask them to install.

avinavb
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you @gabrielvilella

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!