Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Salesforce Input/Output Tool does not work on Server

suarezr
6 - Meteoroid

I am using the Salesforce Input/Output Tools for my workflows. The tools function perfectly fine when I run them on my local designer instance, but experience a "DecryptPassword - buffer too small" error once uploaded and run on a server instance. Full error below:

suarezr_0-1677164429427.png

Due to the large amount of data that needs to be processed by the workflow, I need the resources on the server instance. Has anyone found a solution to this error message?

5 REPLIES 5
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

The Salesforce Input/Output connector is a Python-based connector, so it will require the following registry key to exist in both the end users machine as well as each worker node on the server.   

• Type regedit in Windows Start Menu 
  • Browse to the folder location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx 
  • Right click and select New > String Value 

Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx 
Value Name: PythonAllowHideEncryption 
Value Data: true 

Once this key has been added, the user would need to reauthenticate the Salesforce tool on his workflow in Designer and republish the workflow to gallery.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

This is valid for both Salesforce and Sharepoint tools.

avinavb
6 - Meteoroid

Hi - I am facing an issue when trying to save the workflow with Salesforce Output tool to Alteryx Server:

avinavb_0-1680096800307.png

Need help?

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

@avinavb You need to install them on the Server machine. If you are not the admin, please ask them to install.

avinavb
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you @gabrielvilella