Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Running CREW macro on the Server

kedar26
7 - Meteor

When we run the Alteryx CREW macro on the Server, I am aware of the part mentioned in some threads wherein it keeps the thread open and the controller has no control over it which may lead to memory leaks and causing performance issues. However I want to know when there are 20-30 workflows configured in a master workflow which calls another workflow through the "Conditional Runner" so I know it runs the workflow sequentially instead of running them in parallel. By any chance is it that even if workflow number 1 ran successfully and did its job when the workflow number 3 is running the tool level or output data generated data at workflow number 1 will still be stored in the system memory or is it that when workflow number 3 is running the memory used to store the runtime data for workflow number 1 is released from the memory?

1 REPLY 1
JPKribs
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

CReW Macro Support

The CReW macros are a useful collection of tools built by a third party that enhance the functionality of Alteryx Designer.

The CReW Runner macros (Runner, Conditional Runner and List Runner) are the only CReW macros supported by Alteryx, but for Alteryx Designer ONLY. These macros are not supported when used on Alteryx Server, Alteryx Designer + Scheduler or AAH.

Unfortunately, due to the community maintained status of these Macros, I am unable to help you for this issue. I would highly recommend posting this issue and your ideas to our suggestion page at: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Ideas/idb-p/server-ideas

Finally, I know the community that creates and supports these Macros can be found here: http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/p/macros.html

Joe Kribs

Customer Success Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.