Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Run workflow using Command Prompt - API Error message

AndrewCrayford
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to used the command prompt on a sql server to run an alteryx workflow. 

When we code  in the command prompt it's coming back with the following error message "Error - Alteryx Engine - The Feature "API" is not licensed"

I have check our Alteryx Server and i can see that the "API & Command Line w/ Scheduler (Enterprise Server and Workstation) is ticked.

I can run the same bit of code on the Alteryx Server and it works. I don't understand why it saying the the API is not licensed when you try to run the same code on an SQL Server and any advise would be great. Do we need some extra premissions for it run??

4 REPLIES 4
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@AndrewCrayford 

Could you please share the command you're executing on the SQL server? I assume you have Alteryx installed on this machine? Or you're trying to trigger a workflow on the server from this machine?

AndrewCrayford
8 - Asteroid

The SQL is on one sever and the Alteryx is on another server. So we are trying to trigger an workflow from another machine.

Here is the command

cd..

cd\\ C:\Program Files\Alteryx\Bin

AlteryxEngineCmd.exe "Workflow path"

AndrewCrayford
8 - Asteroid

Alteryx is not install on the sql server, should it be install on that server as well? 

is there any update on this?

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@AndrewCrayford  You will only be able to trigger the workflow this way on the machine with Alteryx installed and licensed. Is there a reason why you're doing it from the SQL server?