Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Remove Artisan from a subscription

SwapnaDesh
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have recently installed Alteryx and evaluating the security settings.

Alteryx Version 2018.1

Installation type: Single Node Deployment server with Alteryx Gallery, Controller, Designer.

Authentication: Windows Authentication

I have added a user as  Artisan in a subscription. I need to demote the user to only have view access and add another artisan to the subscription.How can I achieve that?

I have been able to set the user permission to view.But that does not remove the user from the artisans. 

3 REPLIES 3
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @SwapnaDesh

You need to add them to another subscription (like their own studio) this will move them out of that subscription

@LordNeilLord

Part time Tableau, Part Time Alteryx. Full Time Awesome

Data Lover

debbiemcg
5 - Atom

I have a similar situation, but I am afraid I will run into this issue, where all the workflows published earlier by that user in the subscription will move with him/her:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/All-my-Private-Studio-Workflows-transfer...

I need to protect certain protected workflows from general access, but I still want to allow self-service in the non-protected subscriptions. I thought I would be able to move users temporarily to the protected subscription to publish, and then back to their own subscription when they need to publish a non-protected workflow.  But the protected subscription is Paid, and the personal studio is Free.

Is there a way to do that?

ashkhan
7 - Meteor

We have similar issue and what a surprise there is no solution just work arounds - Please make a semi decent Alteryx Server UI.

I should simply be able to update membership in the subscription - simple