Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

R Installation error 10.6

Cedric
8 - Asteroid

Hello:

I have Alteryx Server x64 installed on a Windows server 2012 R2 system. I just upgraded to 10.6.8 to eliminate any oddities.

I'm trying to install the RInstaller 10.6.8.17850 and am getting a cryptic error message "Unable to create file". I received this message when I had 10.5 on the machine, but this prompted me to do the aforementioned upgrade. Anyway, I don't seem to have a workaround nor can I find one. I looked up a couple articles on how to install as an administrator or whatever and this is that pass. You can see from the filetree that it is definitely in the appropriate program files directory. 

Nevertheless, I'm at a standstill and I need help.

R Install error 10.6.PNG

1 REPLY 1
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey Cedric, I wanted to post our resolution here, so it can help other users.  According to this InstallAware forum post, this is typically a conflict with an anti virus software - in your case, McAfee.  Depending on the flexibility of your relationship with your IT department, you can temporarily disable your anti virus, install the predictive tools, then immediately re-enable the antivirus.  Or work with them directly on the installation.

Thanks for bringing this up!