Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Publishing Chained app to Server does not present Teradata select list

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hi,

The app that I wish to publish is four apps chained in series. This is the first of its kind ( chained apps ) for me to publish to the server. While it runs locally from the laptop successfully, it will not present a select list from Teradata when run from the server. 

Has anyone had experience with chained apps not presenting a Teradata select list from the server? 

Thanks,

Chris

7 REPLIES 7
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@Archaeopteryx 

It could be that your workflows are not completing within 30 seconds. In a chained app, the each workflows before the last one must complete within 30 seconds. If one of those workflows takes 31 seconds the workflow will fail. This is a 'safety' we have on the server so that chained apps do not run forever if there is an issue.

DanM

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

When run locally from the laptop, the whole process runs in under 1 minute. There are four workflows total. 

There is something about chained workflows and network drives that the server does not like. 

someone had suggested putting all files and workflows in the same directory. We may give that a try.

Thanks

Chris

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Archaeopteryx how do you upload the workflows to the server? Each Workflow individually? Or upload the first one and let Alteryx package it up for you? A chained app, when uploaded properly, should show all of the other workflows in the assets, checked to upload.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

I place the lead workflow is on the Alteryx Server. The chained workflows are resident on the NAS, or Network drive. The references are all full machine paths to the files. 

kureka
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @DanM, do you know if 30seconds limit can be easily changed in the server settings? I believe most workflows run much longer (at least mine). Thanks.

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@kureka the 30 seconds cannot be changed at this time on the server.

DanM

kureka
6 - Meteoroid

thanks Dan. I used CReW runner macro instead.

It's a ready-made solution that even saves the audit log for each workflow run. Hopefully, this post will help others looking into chaining workflows on the server