Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Publish workflow with macros

AhmedAlZabidi
7 - Meteor

We have a workflow with macros. We have plugged these macros to our Alteryx Designer as the following:

from Alteyrx Designer -> Options -> User Settings -> Edit User Settings -> Click "Macros" Tab

The problem was when we try to save our workflow to Alteryx Gallery, we could not find my macros in workflow assets. That causes missing in dependencies.

How can we upload these macros to Alteryx Gallery? we don't want to use network drives.

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@AhmedAlZabidi,

When you save to the gallery, you will need to "Manage workflow assets" and CHECK the macro box to include the macro in the upload.

Publish with macro2.gif

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
AhmedAlZabidi
7 - Meteor

Thanks for your help,

Actually, the problem was I couldn't find used macros in a workflow within "Manage workflow assets". FYI, these macros are plugged into Alteryx Designer. 

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can get those Macros added to the Macro Repository on the Server by getting someone with access to set up a Macro Repository via the exact same "User Settings > Macros", then add the Macros into there

Kane

AhmedAlZabidi
7 - Meteor

I think that is the best solution.

I was thinking if I can utilize the macros that I have uploaded to our gallery.