Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Predictive Tools installation 2018.3 - Error

Samanthaj_hughes
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Our error message when trying to install predictive toolsOur error message when trying to install predictive tools

Hi everyone, we have got a couple of support calls out but thought I would share this here too so that others can benefit when we find the answer.

As far as I can see R is not installed but I will have Alteryx verify that.

I have uninstalled using the uninstall program exe

I have checked and renamed all setting files, removed the folder R-3.3.2 and checked the registry and so far I still keep getting this error.

Restarted several times, so I know its not anything lingering from the installation process. R is completely gone as far as I can tell.

What I can see is that the folder on the C:\Program Data\ that unpacks is empty. so I ran the installation on my machine and copied over the files and tried it again, same error. So there must be a particular file on the server which the installation does not like.

I will keep investigate and post what I find here.

TIA for any ideas to check, or if you have seen this before.

S*

#Alteryxrocks
2 REPLIES 2
AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Samanthaj_hughes,

Thank you for your question! Can you please send me a screenshot of your programs list? It may be that you've uninstalled R but did not uninstall the Alteryx Predictive tools. Can you please verify?

Thanks!

Amelia

Samanthaj_hughes
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hey all,

So we are fixed (on the day I might add! :)) and my solution didn't post. Paul Noire bless him supported us last Thursday and had a look at our registry, there were some odd balls in there from historical installations, he cleared them out and it worked beautifully.

Thank you Alteryx Support, :D

S*

#Alteryxrocks