Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

MY SQL Data Source based workflows failing after migration to 2020.4.5 Gallery

srikant96
9 - Comet

Other than simple query with the input tool , most others failing with the following message 

srikant96_0-1620258893191.png

I thought I will just remove the so called input tool 30 ( reading from MY SQL with DSN connection sitting in my desktop as well server) to a separate workflow by itself . It went thru fine . no issues . I tried to delete this tool and copy paste other working tool and just substitute the SQL , still no luck 

6 REPLIES 6
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @srikant96 

Bugs like this need to be looked at by the Alteryx support team.  Contact them at support@alteryx.com 

Dan 

srikant96
9 - Comet

Its been more than a week . Support team did not return my call/email. meanwhile , my research suggested that SQL driver version could be the issue . version out of sync in server compared to my latest version desktop . After making sure both versions are same and re doing those connections ion workflows...seems to be stable  now . not out of the woods yet

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

This could be a ODBC driver compatibility issue. Please review the following Knowledge Base article:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Error-quot-You-have-found-a-bug-quot-...

Help: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/mysql

Validated On:
Database Version: 8.0.19
ODBC Client Version: 1.00.19.1021

What driver version do you have?  If you are not using the supported driver version please install it and test it again.

srikant96
9 - Comet

I got a reply from Alteryx Support as well that I must revert to 8.0.19 from 8.0.24 . But few things are not clear . What is this  - ODBC Client Version: 1.00.19.1021 ?

I thought I need same ODBC MY SQL driver version 8.0.19 and that's what I have and it' s working fine for all desktop connection 

And meanwhile my workflows are failing randomly instead of failing consistently . Will go thru one day fine and next day it will fail  and most of the time data output is complete but still the bizarre error comes 

Does it mean I have to re do my connections and publish workflows again ? ( some of them i did anyway. but no luck still ) 

and  what is this ODBC version that shows up in log of a workflow after its done running ?

Message Type Process or Tool Id Details

Information -1 Running at a Low Priority.
Information 1 ODBC Driver version: 03.80

Thanks 

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@srikant96  

1.00.19.1021 is the supported simba driver version. 
srikant96
9 - Comet

Thank You . the worker nodes also required update and that was the last link failing . In good shape now . the magic is 8.0.19 on all nodes ( server, worker etc)