Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

MS Word tracked change output

Bueller18
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I am using a workflow for document automation. I have a legal letter which I can automate by splitting the paragraphs of the letter into various text tools and adding fields (a bit like a mail merge). I have also added user interface tools which will update the fields (e.g. Name, Address etc) and will select certain paragraphs/clauses based on users responses to the interface questions.

I would share the workflow example however my question is more on the output and functionality with Word:

Q Is it possible for the docx file generated by Alteryx to show tracked changes?

I have taken the original file with all the different paragraphs/clauses and saved it locally. I selected the same file as the output of the render tool. However, Alteryx appears to completely overwrite the file even if I save it with tracked changes before running the workflow.

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Bueller18 - unfortunately this is not a supported feature in outputting to a Word doc. The current behavior is that the file is overwritten.

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.