Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

How to save the output files on a customized folder?

asma_rez
8 - Asteroid

Hello Community,

Actually , all output data are saved on my personal directory when I run a workflow from the DEsigner.

I would like to save output files on a customized folder on the Alteryx server. Is that possible please?

If yes, how can we do it?

Many thanks

Asma

3 REPLIES 3
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @asma_rez 

Absolutelly.. You can save your output data into a server directory.

I always use the \\SERVER\SHARE notation, so I can reference them from anyplace with access to the server.

So, the only thing you need to do is change the path to a proper share on the server on your Output Tools.

Hope this helps.

_AG_

asma_rez
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for your answer.

So I put an UNC path like : \\ServerName\Output and I expected to get the output excel files under Asma.

What I am getting is a stange output : a file called "Output" with type "File" not an excel one and I dont understand why this output is called Output?

If I will create a sub folder Test like  \\ServerName\Output\Test , the output file will be called  : Test with "File" as a type :/

Any idea please?

Many thanks

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @asma_rez 

The output should be: \\SERVER\SHARE\Filename.xlsx in this case.

A fast way I use often is to configure the output tool to save to a local Excel file (remember Alteryx is going to ask for the worksheet name), and then replacing the "local" with the UNC

In case you want to do it manually, remember to add  |||Sheetname to the path (\\SERVER\SHARE\Filename.xlsx|||Sheetname )