Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

How to insert an Excel file with multiple sheets as an input via Alteryx Server

trung2403
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have an excel file with 20 sheets inside. Currently, I have to click File Browse 20 times in Alteryx Server to direct to each Sheet separately one by one. Is there any dynamic way to help with this? What I want to do is to click File Browse once, the whole excel file will be uploaded to the sever and then based on the sheet name, data on each sheet will be transformed accordingly.

There are several ways to do it when running the Analytic App locally, but those ways cannot work with the Server, given the Folder Browse or Directory tools do not work properly with the Server.  

Thanks,

Trung

6 REPLIES 6
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

One way to do this is having just one file browse and multiple action tools coming out of it. Then each action tool connected to an input tool. The action tool will update the path but not the sheet name. 

trung2403
8 - Asteroid

Hmm, I already tried but it did not work. When i run it on the Server, the server will require me to indicate a specific sheet as well. And thus, this method cannot work properly.

trung2403_0-1669770162043.png

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

The app will ask for the sheet name, but the workflow will just ignore that and replace the content from the user with the correct sheet name on each input tool. You need this expression on each action tool:

Regex_replace([#1],'(.+?)\|.+','$1')+Regex_replace([Destination],'.+?(\|.+)','$1')

trung2403
8 - Asteroid

Hi @gabrielvilella 

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Btw, may I ask another question? Let's say after this dynamic input, my WF on the server will generate 100 files. Currently, the user has to download all output files separately one by one. Is there any way to download them all in bulk? 

Thanks and best regards.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Unfortunately it is not possible to bulk download files from the Gallery. You will have to create a zip with all the files and have the zip there to download, you might need to use the blob output to have the zip showing there on the results page.

trung2403
8 - Asteroid

Many thanks for your advice, it works as expected now. :D