Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

How to find a users current subscription aka Private Studio?

Paul_Holden
9 - Comet

Alteryx Gallery 2020.4

We have a lot of "shared" subscriptions configured on our Gallery, and also a lot of Artisans who are still using there default Private Studio subscription.

1. Is there any way to know what a user's current subscription is other than:

Getting the subscription ID from the user page and doing a direct lookup in MongoDB

Going through every subscription in turn until I find the one that they are assigned to.

2. Going forwards, as Collections take over, is there going to be an easy way to see all of the Collections that a particular user has access too e.g. a tab on the user page with a list of Collections and access levels?

Regards,

Paul

3 REPLIES 3
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hey Paul, 

For #1 you don't need to get into your mongo. You get the subscription ID then use that to search in the subscription page. 

For #2 I would highly recommend you put this into the ideas here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Ideas/idb-p/server-ideas

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
Paul_Holden
9 - Comet

#1 - thanks it hadn't even occurred to me to try that!

#2 - I was hoping it was less of an "idea" and more of a UI necessity that was already on the roadmap, I'll take a look.

The related item that occurred to me was being able to see which collection(s) a Workflow is in since in future users will access the majority of workflows via a Collection - so if a user asks me about access to a certain workflow I can find out how they would get it...

Paul_Holden
9 - Comet

#2 is already requested so I have "liked" that...

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Ideas/Gallery-User-Management-see-collections-from-u...

Currently only has a single like though 😞