Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

How to extract result files from Mongo DB?

akviletamol
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I want to download the result files of the users, who ran workflows in Alteryx Gallery.

For this purpose I used Mongo DB Input, database AlteryxService and collection AS_ResultsFiles.

How to extract the files themselves from __ServiceData blob?

When I use Blob Convert tool, I only get Filename, but not the actual file.

6 REPLIES 6
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @akviletamol,

have you tried using the service data parser macro. I know that those blob files contains many informations.

You can find an article and the macro on the post bellow : 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Query-Scheduler-Database-from-Alteryx...

akviletamol
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

yes, I did tried this macro. This provides me these columns all in V_WString format:

Id
AS_Queue__ID
File
FileName
UserName

I'm wondering how to retrieve the file itself rather than the metadata about result file?

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi @akviletamol

You can open the data parser macro and follow the below steps to retrieve the file instead of columns. 

Right click the Data parser >> Open Macro 

Once Macro opened you will see the input and output tool infront of output tool drag and drop the Output tool and save the output file in any of desired location. 

Save the Macro and close the macro workflow

Run the main workflow

Regards, 

Ariharan R

ashley_harris
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am having the same problem with this - the collections I have used only return the name of the output excel files, whereas I want to return the contents of the output excel files. Is there a way to do this using MongoDB?

Thanks,

Ashley

akviletamol
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @ashley_harris 

we later found the solution. You need to use Options - View Schedules - Select your Controller on the drop down list - Go to Results tab

And then if you extract the Job details by clicking on the plus sign, you can actually open the files by clicking on Output button and then clicking on the links to the outputs you find there.

How much history you can find there I guess depends on the settings used on your server.

Hope this helps.

ashley_harris
7 - Meteor

Thanks @akviletamol , I'll give that a go!