Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

How do I restrict workflows from running on a node

eliberatore
7 - Meteor

I have an Alteryx server and two worker nodes.  The Main server and one node are located in Eastern time zone (U.S) and one worker node is in Central.  I have a collection of "Central Time Zone" workflow apps that are assigned to run on the CTZ worker node.  How do I get all other workflow apps to run unassigned on the two ETZ servers only?  I don't want to assign every job to a server so that the main server can allocate jobs dynamically in the queue.

Running 2019.4.6

2 REPLIES 2
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @eliberatore

In the System settings on the CTZ node, there should be a setting for "Run unassigned jobs". Deselect that on the CTZ node should do the trick.

KaneG_0-1599184703869.png

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

To add on to @KaneG idea, you can also add tags to the worker nodes right below in the picture he has where you have the check box for "Unassigned". From there you can add tags to specificy CTZ and ETZ. Keep in mind multiple workers can share the same tag to help split the load. We use this idea a lot for environments who are planning on seeing significant growth so they can easily reassign the workflows to new hardware as we expand (it becomes as easy as just moving the text string for the tag in the System Settings).