Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Hand-over parameters in API call to Analytical App

M-Kuch
5 - Atom

Hi experts,

I need to execute an analytical application via a webservice call and hand over three parameters which are mandatory filter parameters in this executed workflow/analytical app.

In order to test such a setup initially I created a minimal analytical app and placed it on the server. This works perfectly fine when triggering it manually.

Starting the workflow via API call also works, the workflow then runs without any input parameters.

I am now struggling with a handover of a filter parameter. In my test case I want to filter the input table on the dimension “period_ID” with the value “12.2013”.

I am using the following API: POST /user/v2/workflows/{appId}/jobs

As far as I interpret the “values” section, I tried to provide the parameters with the following syntax:

MKuch_0-1657211882922.png

I also tried using Postman, with the same result (workflow runs with an empty selection, only returning the dimensions of the result table).

MKuch_1-1657211882991.png

Is my requirement even implementable with the API? If yes, does anybody have any experience with the correct syntax of the parameter handover?

Please find further screenshots attached below.

Looking forward to your reply as this is quite an exciting feature and one of the last tiles in our integration puzzle.

We are on Version 2021.4.1.04899

Thanks and best regards,
Max

5 REPLIES 5
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @M-Kuch ,

For the questions, you have two options:

1. Use an endpoint to retrieve the tool name so you can use it.

fmvizcaino_0-1657637169705.png

2. Way easier, to go to the tool configuration tab and annotations and get the name from there, you can also rename to an easier name if you want to.

fmvizcaino_1-1657637234518.png

It took me a while to figure out the priority also, luckily I've found a reply somewhere showing what to include there. You need to use numbers there and I'm almost sure it is related to the QoS, as the image below. You can also disregard the whole line and just delete it from the body

fmvizcaino_2-1657637355602.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

shravan_ds
5 - Atom

Hi 

We are also facing the same issue, where we are passing the parameters in the postman but the workflow runs without the passed values.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @shravan_ds ,

Could you please share the body you are sending?

Best regards,

Fernando Vizcaino

Jérémie
7 - Meteor

Hello @M-Kuch !

I was wondering if you were able to solve your issue, and if yes the way you did it

Kind regards,

Mistralou

Arti2893
7 - Meteor

Do we have any sample workflow and API used for this?
I am looking for something similar so need help