Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Google analytics -cant upload to gallery

markstephens
7 - Meteor

Hi

I have several workflows that use the google analytics macro.

They work fine but I cant get the workflows uploaded to our gallery. I get the error message "cant find macro"

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
scottj
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Since the Google Analytics Macro is a separate install from the Gallery, it would also need to be installed on the server to be found.  You can also select the Workflow Options when you save to the Gallery, then Manage Workflow Assets.  Make sure the GA macro is selected.  Then see if it validates.

Scott Jones
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
markstephens
7 - Meteor

HI, thanks for the reply

Iv'e previously tried the second thing you suggested (manage workflow assets etc) and it didnt work

Im going to try the first thing you suggest, uploading the macro to the server. How would i go about such a thing?

Is there some link you could direct me to give a go at?

One thing im not clear on is that the folder on my laptop for the GA macro contains many files and 4 alteryx macros that look like they all are needed as one package for GA.

See attached screenshot

thanks

mark

thanks

mark

scottj
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The Google Analytics tool is found on the Alteryx Gallery in the Data Sources District.  https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Google-Analytics/5898afe9effc2a0bb0a11644.

You will need to download and install on your Alteryx Server as an Admin.  This will make the macro available to any user on the Gallery when uploading workflows.

Scott Jones
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.