Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Gallery - Collections UI View

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Just upgraded Server from 2018.4 to 2019.4.  I'm baffled that the Collections view was changed so drastically, yet every other category (Home, Districts, Private Studio) was not.  I can no longer see the FULL NAME of the app in the collections because (a) the view is a columnar view, and you can't resize the column names, and (b) you can't toggle to a card view.  

Here is what every other category looks like (and what Collections used to look like):

CARDS:

2020-06-08 14_43_37-Gallery _ Private Studio.png

LIST:
2020-06-08 14_43_50-Gallery _ Private Studio.png

And yet this is what Collections now looks like, and again, you can't change the width of the columns, nor can you toggle to a card view:
2020-06-08 14_44_07-Gallery _ Collections.png

Please at least give us the option to view cards, or expand the name column.

4 REPLIES 4
Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I agree, Michael. The ability to show the cards would be preferred, but at the very least allow us to resize the columns.

John Hollingsworth
Clear Channel Outdoor
Paul_Holden
9 - Comet

Is this being addressed at all.

Having upgraded to 2020.1 I'm now getting queries from users as to how they can see the full names of the Collections.

Because you cannot nest Collections we have a naming scheme which means you need to be able to see the full name and these are generally longer than the default column width for Names on this page 😞

Anyone else seeing this suggest you like this idea...

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Ideas/Grid-View-for-Collections/idi-p/527733

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.  Especially if Alteryx is moving away from subscriptions to collections.