Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Error upon upload to FTP

Kristin
7 - Meteor

Hi Team,

I followed this link to upload my file to an ftp server.  But, I keep getting this error in the download tool "Error transferring data: Couldn't connect to server".  

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/File-Transfer-Protocol-FTP-Upload/ta-p/19769

Here are a few screenshots to show that everything is exactly the same as the link.  I've triple checked my login/pw.  The container with the SharePoint and Browse works great and exports to SharePoint perfectly the way I want in .csv.  Also, I've logged in to the test ftp location manually to make sure it exists.  Also, I was getting a string limit error in the formula tool.  So, I changed it from 64 to 256, and still got an error.   I'm missing something and hope you can help.  

Overall: Bird'd eye view of Workflow

Workflow.jpg

FileName:

Capture_2.JPG

Blob Field:

Capture_3.JPG

URL:

Capture_4.JPG

Download tool showing Basic Tab/Payload tab/Connection tabs.  

Capture_7.JPG

Capture_6.JPG

Capture_5.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Kristin 

Couple of quick ideas:

1. Have you tried copying your blob convert and download tools into another workflow and uploading a random test file? This will help identify if it's the file itself or the configuration of the download tool that's causing the issue.
  2. This might be nothing but I notice that your filenames have dots in them. Have you tried removing these?

Cheers

Kristin
7 - Meteor

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your response.  I figured out the reason I'm getting an error.  It's SFTP.  I confirmed this morning it's not FTP. 

But, now I have to figure out how to get all 8 files up from the folder.  It seemed to only pull in one file.  Do you know the tweak required to make it dynamic?  I tried to put a asterisk but that failed.  If I don't hear back, I'll assume I need to start a new thread.  

Thanks!

Kristin Benbow