Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Error running module in gallery

digitalmemo
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

has anyone encountered this error: Internal Error: Invalid parameter detected in function (null). File: (null) Line: 0 Expression: (null)

The workflow is running fine in Alteryx but when it is uploaded to the gallery, it produces that error.

I appreciate the response. Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@digitalmemo  Where is the source file which the workflow uses located?

digitalmemo
8 - Asteroid

Source file is in our network storage. From there I upload it to our gallery then when I am doing a test run from the gallery then that is the error i encounter.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Does the service account running the Gallery have access to that share?

If you don't know, check with whomever set up your server.

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I was getting that same error and it was a really weird/wild ride trying to debug. Let me run you through what we saw and you can let me know if its a similar thing.

• The workflow would not pass validation when publishing to the gallery
  • The workflow would show this error when trying to run from the gallery
  • The workflow would run correctly if we were scheduling on the server.
  • The workflow used OLE connections to a SQL Server
  • The workflow used a gallery connection string.

What we found, is that our connection string was over 210 characters long, which I guess created a perfect storm for the gallery. It has something to do with when you are publishing and not removing the workflows dependency on the connection as your local machine uses it. I think what happens is that it tries to bring over that connection but the length makes it fail. Once we removed these dependencies we stopped seeing this error. It could also be fixed by trimming up your connection string. Let me know if this is similar to yours and if it is, I am going to give you a ticket to refer to and put in a support request. This specific error has been known since Feb I think but there just isn't enough outcry to prioritize it right now.

Manage Workflow Assets.png

Output Asset.png

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
Dmkgh
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Treyson

I'm also having this issue - it fits with the 5 bullet points described - so happy to log a support request.  

That being said, I'm not sure I understand what you've done to fix the problem.

I have set a data connection up on the gallery and this is the connection I am using in my workflow's dynamic input tool. Shouldn't it just pass the connection alias/name (the aka: My_Connection_Name in the input tool) to the gallery? 

I don't understand how I can remove a dependency on a dynamic input tool? if you could let me know what you did to achieve this that would be great, thanks. 

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar
I apologize that I did not respond to this quicker. I am away from my computer and wont be back until Thursday. The quick and dirty is that when you are publishing, there is a menu called view dependencies that you can open and it shows a list of inputs and outputs. There is where you deselect the dependencies.
Treyson Marks
Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar
Actually the bit on the original post about managing workflow assets is the specific part you need to look at.
Treyson Marks
Dmkgh
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @Treyson , in the end actually managed to switch over to an odbc connection which stopped the error from happening.

I wasn't able to use manage workflow assets as my data connection didn't even appear there for some reason.