Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Error on gallery when running workflow with change file/table name option

joannasokolowska
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have the issue with the workflow with Change file/table name. The workflow works without any issue when run in Alteryx designer but when schedule on Alteryx gallery error appears.  Please see prtscreens of the workflow and error message.

Any suggestions? 

joannasokolowska_0-1634142496742.png

joannasokolowska_1-1634142577714.png

11 REPLIES 11
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @joannasokolowska ,

Only to understand, when saving to your gallery, are you using network paths (\\networkpath\file.xlsx) or your own personal folders (D:\folder\file.xlsx)?

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

joannasokolowska
8 - Asteroid

I use network drive (not personal folder). I save there also other outputs from this workflow but the issue is only with this one.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I can see two possibilities there.

1. You are using more than one input/output for that same file and when saving to the Gallery, the workflow can run the tools in a different order giving that error.

2. Unknown error caused by a bug. In that case, I would suggest you to create a simple workflow with a brand new output tool with that same configuration and see how that goes.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Peachyco
11 - Bolide

Are you using that output file as input somewhere else in the workflow? You might need to put some "Block Until Done" tools along the way to make sure that the workflow is done with drawing from the file before trying to write to it.

You might also try the CReW macro "Parallel Block Until Done" on your two output files. This would make sure that your workflow focuses on outputting to one file at a time, as opposed to trying to write to both at the same time.

joannasokolowska
8 - Asteroid

Hey, the output is not using in other workflows. Initially there was block until done but the same error was appearing. 

The issue is that Alteryx is trying to write output files in the same file but different TABs. 

Peachyco
11 - Bolide

@joannasokolowska : If you're writing to the same file, then the CReW macro "Parallel Block Until Done" might work for you. I know that it does for me.

In this workflow, I'm writing to two different sheets in the same Excel file:

Untitled.png

joannasokolowska
8 - Asteroid

Hey I eventually redesigned the workflow and added at the end many block until done tools and many output tools. This eliminated the error! 

Thanks,

Asia

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @joannasokolowska ,

What is the version of your Alteryx server?

joannasokolowska
8 - Asteroid

Hey - I am not sure how to check it . When I click on the Server Help button it opens this site - > https://help.alteryx.com/20213/server.

joannasokolowska_0-1634570747180.png