Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Enable/Disable Schedules using PUT /v3/schedules/{id} API Call

Automator
5 - Atom

Hello,

We recently upgraded to 2021.4 and have started to utilize API V3. We wanted to use the PUT /v3/schedules/{id} (Edit Schedule) API call to only enable and disable workflow schedules. 

After using the Swagger documentation, it seems like it is not possible to only enable/disable a job, you have to change its iteration as well. We do not want that, we only want to disable or enable a schedule with the API. Is it possible to do this? 

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Automator
5 - Atom

Please tell me that the API call created to edit schedules has the option to only enable/disable schedules without altering the actual schedule....

raychase
11 - Bolide

All of my testing has lead me to believe that this endpoint is essentially useless, because (as you mentioned) of the iteration requirement.  It's an absolute headache and drastically decreases the useability.

Yongcan
8 - Asteroid

Same here, current endpoint asking all schedule details which make disable reenable not straight forward. 

eg: start time need rep populate as won't accept time in past. Same behavior from web ui which also made disable reenable annoying when we have pages of schedule to stop before system maintenance. 

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Unfortunately, the enpoint to update a schedule requires the iteration, start time, end time and a few other parameters. Maybe Alteryx change this in the future. 

https://help.alteryx.com/20214/server/schedules-endpoints 

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

I concur it would have been better if iteration was an optional field, that way you can leave it alone if you don't want to touch it.
I keep playing with the format but it's too complicated and "optional" fields don't seem to be Optional

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

IT also really sucks that the API call to get the iteration isn't in the same format that you need to update, that would have been easier so you can just past the same values without having to try to format it in a new style