Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

ERROR: 400 No required SSL certificate was sent while connecting API using Alteryx

alt_tush
9 - Comet

Hi,

I am trying to connect API using Alteryx workflow.

I used download tool to connect the API. I have input all the parameters but i am getting following error.

<html>

<head><title>400 No required SSL certificate was sent</title></head>

<body bgcolor="white">

<center><h1>400 Bad Request</h1></center>

<center>No required SSL certificate was sent</center>

<hr><center>Avi Vantage/</center>

</body>

In Download tool, basic tab i have pass the url, in connection tab i have passed username password.

but when i run the workflow it gives me above error.

This is first time i am trying to connect API using Alteryx. 

I have my certificate file .crt and client.key file but i am not sure how i use it in alteryx workflow to make this connection successful to get the token key.

It would be great if you help me. i got the certificate and key using openssl command.

Thank you in advance,

8 REPLIES 8
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

You shouldn't need to send the certificate in the API call from the workflow. Do you have SSL enabled or disabled within Alteryx System Settings? If you do have it on, have you followed this article in order to enable SSL?

https://help.alteryx.com/20221/server/configure-server-ssltls 

If you have SSL enabled, do you have the API endpoint as HTTPS? In the workflow and in system settings.

Massie056
5 - Atom

I faced similar kind of issue last time, I am still searching for some proper solution.

DinarChronicles.com

alt_tush
9 - Comet

Hi gabrielvilella,

Thank you,

I am getting following error while executing the netsh command

SSL Certificate add failed, Error: 1312
A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.

Do you have any idea?

Due to this error i am unable to process the steps.

Thank you,

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @alt_tush, I'm sorry but you have not answered any of the questions I made trying to identify the issue.

alt_tush
9 - Comet

Hello gabrielvilella,

I am able to configured the certificate.

But if i enabled the SSL in alteryx setting then my Aleryx service automatically stop running.

Do you have any idea?

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

If you enable SSL and have the Gallery address with HTTPS and the AlteryxService is not running, it is probably because there is something not properly configured. Did you went through all the steps from this documentation? https://help.alteryx.com/20221/server/configure-server-ssltls 

If you did, then you need to look at the log files to understand what is wrong. Alteryx support can help you with that. 

alt_tush
9 - Comet

Hi gabrielvilella,

Yes i gone through all the steps mentioned in the link.

Also i have scucessfully installed the certificate.

But after enabling the SSL option gallery doesn't work.

Thank you for your help.

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi @alt_tush , 

I think you have computer policy issues that block the API request or proxy issue. Please reach out to your admin team, they can help us with this. 

Regards,

Ariharan R