Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Default gallary admin change doesn't work

Stephan_Braun
5 - Atom

I have to change "Default Gallery Administrator" in Gallery->Authentification.

Authenfication Type is "Integrated Windows authentification"

I get a red frame around the "Default Gallery Administrator" frame and an error message "Enter a valid value"

I try several other accounts than mine and they work all.

What are the steps to check why my account (domain\login) doesn't work?

3 REPLIES 3
Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

is it just you that isn't working or is no one able to get in through AD?

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
Stephan_Braun
5 - Atom

I try several user from same domain. Some belong to same site, some from foreign sites. All of them worked.

It makes no difference if I fully type domain\account or if I type only a few characters and select from drop down list.

My account doesn't have additional privileges and works for windows logon.

Can you propose a test procedure?

fmorten
5 - Atom

We have the same problem. In the system settings, when trying to set the default gallery admin, the validation of the user returns the error message "Please enter a valid value for the Default Gallery Administrator".

When starting to type in the username, Alteryx is able to query the AD database and provide options, including the admin users.

But when I select one of the admins on the server and select next, the validation fails. 

I think it might be related to user groups permissions. I tried to add other users and it was possible, everyone besides the admin group on this computer.

When I go to the runtime XML file, and change it there I am able to insert the necessary credentials and it works. but it makes the system setting app obsolete