Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Deactivate Users in 2019.4

Chandler_Bing
8 - Asteroid

Hello there,

According to the notes in 2019.4, we can deactivate users in gallery.

Tyrion_Lannister_0-1579642196082.png

But I do not see that option on my UI. We are using 2019.4 and all i see is :

Tyrion_Lannister_1-1579642262369.png

Did anyone face this issue? Does Alteryx acknowledge this as a known issue?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @Chandler_Bing 

Yes you should be seeing this: 

joshuaburkhow_0-1579698194170.png

I would reach out to support@alteryx.com to address this 🙂 

* If this solved your issue please ensure to mark as solved so others can see this on the community

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
Chandler_Bing
8 - Asteroid

@joshuaburkhow thanks for the response.

I guess this option only comes when alteryx is configured using the built in authentication. We use Windows integrated authentication hence it is not showing up.

I think alteryx need to fix this so that it is available for all the usecases.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Chandler_Bing What are you trying to accomplish? I see your point that it doesn't work with windows auth. The only reason I ask is that perhaps changing permissions to no access would accomplish the same as deactivating a user - but I could be wrong.. You should be able to go to permissions and select no access for a user. We use windows auth for our gallery.

patrick_digan_0-1579720902140.png

wildflower
8 - Asteroid

@patrick_digan We also use windows authentication and a great use case would be to pull users for a distribution list. Only a small percentage of our company is represented on Alteryx gallery.

When we need to send an important notification (e.g. an outage or ROS) or instructions to users (e.g. disabling CSV Encoding Type with the release of server 2019.4), I query our MongoDB (user-managed) but all users have a status of Active. I then have to run the list against our active directory db to try and filter inactive users.

Gallery Default Permissions settings for users who authenticate through our network are automatically Viewers. They don't necessarily get added under Permissions - I only use the Permissions page to add and elevate a user role (e.g. to Artisan). Setting permissions to No Access doesn't affect the user account (Users page) or their studio (Subscriptions page). Why do they automatically get a studio, one can not know and is a separate topic.