Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Date Interface not updating text input field

MrP32
5 - Atom

Hello All

I am trying to use a Date Interface tool to allow an analyst to select a date and have it update the workflow directly from a gallery. The issue that I am running into however is that Date tool doesn't update the text input tool. Based on everything I have tried in the actions tool it should be replacing that value. I have tried both Update Value and Update Cell to no avail. 

I have attached an example workflow for reference.

2 REPLIES 2
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @MrP32 

I tried this, published to a gallery, and it's working.

The date is being changed (Just added an Output tool at the end to be able to see the output).

DATE SELECTION:

DateSelect.PNG

OUTPUT:

DateChanged.PNG

Maybe we can go step by step of the process of publishing it to the Gallery, and try to tackle a problem there..

MrP32
5 - Atom

You are a 100% correct that it works. I think I was expecting the date to change in the text input field. When that didn't change I assumed it wasn't working. 

However, when I put a data output field the data pulls 100% correctly. I don't know why I didn't think to do that. Thank you for your assistance.