Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Connection time out issue.

Yas
7 - Meteor

Hello,

Hope you're well.

I'm experiencing connection time out issues when trying to write in a database:

Error: Output Data (315): DataWrap2ODBC::SendBatch: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server]TCP Provider: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

After speaking to one of our DBA's, they recommended using the OLEdb connections as it might be more stable, but it didn't and I was met with this error:

Output Data (315): DataWrap2OleDb::SendBatch: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionRead (recv()).]General network error. Check your network documentation.\08S01 = 11

The table I'm trying to load is about 7mil rows, and always times out after about 2-3mil rows have been written.

We also experience issues with our gallery apps:

Error receiving data: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. (10060)

Our alteryx server is on-premise whereas the SQL cluster is in Azure. Wonder if that may be the issue. Any insights would be very appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hey @Yas 

That sounds like a firewall issue which is very likely considering you are going from Azure to On Prem. 

I would get ahold of the team responsible for firewalls and ensure there is a clear path 🙂

If this helps you, please mark solution as resolved so others can find it! 

Joshua

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
Yas
7 - Meteor

Thanks for your help, this confirms my suspicion. I've already been in touch with the firewall guys but they weren't much of a help the first time round, but your comment has embolden my resolve.