Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Changing User Id Of Alteryx Designer Desktop Application

toulikdas
5 - Atom

I want to sign out my Alteryx Admin Designer desktop application with the present user id(ie.  Alteryx   14 days trial)  and want to use my university user id to log in to the Alteryx desktop application. How to do re-login the desktop application?

3 REPLIES 3
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @toulikdas 

Typically you can do this by deactivating the license key from the profile and then reactivate that key onto the desired machine/profile. However, I don't believe that trial keys are allowed to be deactivated, but you'd do this in the "Manage License" window (under Options menu) in case you'd like to try.

jrgo_1-1608313885564.png

You may be able to start another trial though on your other user id. If it doesn't allow you to, you'll have to connect with your Alteryx rep to see if they can extend you a new trial key.

toulikdas
5 - Atom

Yeah, it's worked.

I'm actually trying to activate the license key(I got In my University Email after student verification). But In my system there was already an Alteryx running with my personal mail( 14 days Trial). 

I tried the license key(got using  University Email) applied in my present active Alteryx (Trail Using Personal Mail) and that worked. As I used a key got from a different user-id, So is there any problem with that?

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Great!

If the licensing system didn't deny what you did, I think it's safe to assume that there's no problem. 🙂