Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

CReW Macros not Working in Workflows Saved to the Gallery

Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

We have been having issues with using the CReW macros in workflows on our Gallery. We are specifically interested in using the Runner macros to chain workflows together. We have the recurring error message of 'Cannot find macro "CReW_Runner.yxmc".' The macros are on a shared drive that both the server and I have access to. I have ensured that CReW.ini files on the server match my .ini files. I have also had no issues opening and running the workflow from the Alteryx Designer client on the server. Has anyone else experienced this? Did I miss something? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and restarting the server VM.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

runner error.PNG

Thanks,

Greg

7 REPLIES 7
lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Greg_Murray 

The .ini files have to specify the UNC path because mapped drive letters are specific to a user account.  Similarly, if the macros are stored in a user directory, then the AlteryxService probably doesn't have access.  

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Greg_Murray 

One other thing I neglected to mention.  The Runner macros are not well suited for use with Desktop Automation or Gallery because they override the queuing functions that allow those to schedule workflows.  If at all possible, I'd recommend you schedule the sequential workflows rather than using the Runner macros.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
kat
12 - Quasar

Hi @lepome 

I use the CReW runner a lot on server and intrigued by your post. How would I mange the scheduling of individual workflows, getting around the issue of one workflow not having been completed before the last?

Thanks

Katrin

bharatandalam
8 - Asteroid

You can use the crew conditional runner and have a block until done then other conditional runner and so on.

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

in my opinion and usage of the server @kat Crew macros is the only way to solve that problem, besides creating a huge gap of time where it each workflow should be finished.

But Crew Macros do trigger another workflow to run so if you use a lot of Crew Macros like we do, I turn down my number of simultaneous workflows knowing that runner macros will trigger additional ones beyond my settings.

ChaitanyaReddy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi i am facing the same issue that cannot find crew_runner.yxmc . can someone help me with the solution?

bharatandalam
8 - Asteroid

You can use the crew conditional runner and have a block until done then other conditional runner