Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Artisans cannot run or schedule workflows in their studio

Jamawoko
5 - Atom

Hi,

I was recently added as an artisan to a private studio of our group's gallery. I can add workflows with my Alteryx Desktop Version but I'm not able to run or schedule the workflows. Usually, when you click on a workflow's name a new window opens with the options to run, download, schedule and so on. However, this only works with workflows that are stored in the Home area. When I click on workflows in our private studio that I saved myself or were saved by my colleagues nothing is displayed except the standard user interface on the top and left corner. My colleagues now have the same problem, but told me that it worked in the past. When I was temporarily granted Curator rights everything worked the normal way. So I think this is a permission issue. But when I checked the Admin documentation I couldn't find a setting that may have caused that issue.

Do you have any ideas?

Best regards,

Jan

2 REPLIES 2
scottj
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Jan,

Have you checked in the Admin console to make sure scheduling of Jobs is enabled?

ScheduleOn.png

Scott Jones
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
Jamawoko
5 - Atom

Hi Scott,

thanks for your response. Yes, we checked this setting and the scheduling was enabled. But I guess even if it would have been put on "No", an Artisan user should be able to reach the window where you can download and run a workflow.

I finally got a response from our company's tech support that manages the Alteryx Server on the next higher level. He told me that we weren't the only ones who had that issue. However,today it worked again. I guess he changed something, but I don't know what exactly. I just hope it's permanent. So I would consider this post as solved.

Jan