Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Predictive Tools installation 2018.3 - Error

Samanthaj_hughes
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Our error message when trying to install predictive toolsOur error message when trying to install predictive tools

Hi everyone, we have got a couple of support calls out but thought I would share this here too so that others can benefit when we find the answer.

As far as I can see R is not installed but I will have Alteryx verify that.

I have uninstalled using the uninstall program exe

I have checked and renamed all setting files, removed the folder R-3.3.2 and checked the registry and so far I still keep getting this error.

Restarted several times, so I know its not anything lingering from the installation process. R is completely gone as far as I can tell.

What I can see is that the folder on the C:\Program Data\ that unpacks is empty. so I ran the installation on my machine and copied over the files and tried it again, same error. So there must be a particular file on the server which the installation does not like.

I will keep investigate and post what I find here.

TIA for any ideas to check, or if you have seen this before.

S*

#Alteryxrocks
2 REPLIES 2
AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Samanthaj_hughes,

Thank you for your question! Can you please send me a screenshot of your programs list? It may be that you've uninstalled R but did not uninstall the Alteryx Predictive tools. Can you please verify?

Thanks!

Amelia

Samanthaj_hughes
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hey all,

So we are fixed (on the day I might add! :)) and my solution didn't post. Paul Noire bless him supported us last Thursday and had a look at our registry, there were some odd balls in there from historical installations, he cleared them out and it worked beautifully.

Thank you Alteryx Support, :D

S*

#Alteryxrocks