Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Gallery Workflow User Map input

olehr
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

Alteryx Newbie Warning!

I am trying to make an alteryx workflow that recieves as input a point on a map decided by the user. After that i create a trade area around that point. 

This works fine in my alteryx desktop. When i want a different point i can adjust the point in the map tool. The question is how can i make it so the user of the workflow when its on Alteryx Gallery can choose a different point before running the workflow? 

Much Appreciated!  

1 REPLY 1
BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @olehr, it sounds like you have most of what is needed...if you are using the Map Input tool in your workflow, that will appear in Gallery as well. Here's a good example to take a look at. 

https://www.alteryx.com/resources/resource-library/starter-kits

There's a bunch of Starter Kits, but in particular, download and install the Spatial Analytics starter kit. In that kit, the New Location Impact Analysis workflow has a Map Input tool, and I just uploaded it to Server, and when running in Gallery, that user interface is presented to capture an input location from a map.

Brian