Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx AMP Engine Necessity

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi All,

Could someone explain to me why enabling AMP on the server is necessary? I conducted various tests with different scenarios, and the results were similar regardless of whether AMP or the normal engine was used.

Ariharan_1-1675433557772.png

If AMP is really stabilized the feature then why Alteryx mentioned this disclaimer on the system setting page? (We are using the worker tag functionality in most of the cases)

Ariharan_0-1675433471595.png

Regards, 

Ariharan R

2 REPLIES 2
harsh_alang
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @Ariharan,

AMP is the latest internal engine from Alteryx and built with performance in mind. However, there are many factors that play into getting the best possible performance like network, I/O, tools etc.  AMP may be a necessity especially if you are using a tool that is an AMP only tool.

Regarding use of both engines, that disclaimer may be more apt for single worker node environments. If you are using worker tag functionality, you are already taking measure to avoid any stepping on each other scenario.

More info about AMP and the best practices with AMP can be found on the link below.

Alteryx AMP Engine | Alteryx Help

AMP Engine Best Practices | Alteryx Help

Best,

Harsh Alang

HarshA
Eli_B
10 - Fireball

AMP isn't stabilized...at all, not even close. Best recommendation for troubleshooting is if you get ANY error or weird results, turn off AMP & run again, your issue is most likely solved.

The best recommendation (period) would be to turn off AMP in your user settings & forget it exists. Speed is nice, don't get me wrong, but the ability to have faith in the results your software is giving back to you is much more important, & no one should have that faith in AMP, it has difficulty doing simple sorts.