Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Admin access to API secret

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I'm just curious if there is way for me as a gallery admin to obtain the API access secret for a user. Some context: A user is no longer with the company, and I'm trying to transition from Oauth1 to Oauth2 for some workflows that they owned. Our server is on version 21.4.2.02731 (which may be part of the problem). I have the user's private studio key/secret that they emailed me before they left, but we've only been able to get the Oauth2 token to return valid with the API access key and secret (and after making them a curator). This may have already been fixed in 2022.1 (and for what it's worth, here is the error response in 21.4 with the private studio key/secret:

patrick_digan_0-1663075693383.png

So I need to switch to their api access key/secret, but I don't have a way that I know of to obtain the secret for a user that has left the company. We could have a current user republish the app, but I'm being stubborn and trying to find a way to get the secret. I am a gallery admin and have access to the Mongo.  

@KevinP and @JohnPelletier in case you have any suggestions!

4 REPLIES 4
TimN
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

Not sure if you got this or if I'm understanding the question but in 2021.3, we dump the MongoDB schemas weekly.  It's a very rudimentary query ;)

TimN_0-1667482047181.png

The schema for users

TimN_1-1667482079590.png

There are two columns within the data ApiKey and ApiSecret.  Both are populated when api is enabled.

TimN_2-1667482266395.png

Regards,

Tim

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

not ideal - but as admin can't you change their e-mail address to an e-mail you can access/reset their password - go in as them - and get/rotate the api key?

Jon-Knepper
8 - Asteroid

@patrick_digan 

Did you ever find a solution for decoding the API Secret?  Running into this issue now where I am trying to get access to all of the jobs for other users and the user has left the company.  I see the Key and Secret through the Mongo DB, but as you pointed out, the secret is encoded.  :(

Bill_Richardson
7 - Meteor

Same issue here.  I'm looking for a way to decrypt the API Secret.