Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Access Gallery API through Alteryx APP

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Has anyone succesfully accessed the Gallery API through an Alteryx App? It looks like the oauth_signature creation may be the sticking point, but i've reached the limit of my knowledge on the matter. 

27 REPLIES 27
Matt_Curtis
9 - Comet

I'm currently stuck with the same error as @jineshnp31, has anyone found a resolution to the authentication problem?

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I had issues with the signature as well - my issue was the server dateTime wasn't aligning with the client dateTime when i ran the workflow. However, there are a few other ways that the signature can be invalid - if you have an example you can send over, i'd be happy to take a look at it. 

jineshnp31
8 - Asteroid

Hi Matt,

I did not find a resolution to the issue, but I did reach out to our account rep who assisted to get in touch with their tech team. They provided another macro which allows to connect to the Gallery API. This solutions works well for me, although I have not used it in a production environment so far. But it does the job well. Try reaching out to your rep.  

mse139
8 - Asteroid

@jineshnp31 Is the macro provided to you available to download or can you share it?  I'm also having the invalid signature error and can't figure out what the issue is.  I've already converted my timestamp to UTC, but the error persists.  

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@mse139 you might want to try the Oauth1 macro i created to make your signature. that signature can be tricky to create as everything has to be in the right order to hash correctly. I posted it here a little while back:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/OAuth-1-0-example-needed/m-p/36156

Let me know if you have any questions on it and i can help diagnose.

mse139
8 - Asteroid

@jarrod   This is great, worked like a charm! Thanks!

Not sure where I went wrong, I compared my workflow to your macro and we are doing the exact same thing - except mine doesn't use UI components.  When I supply the same timestamp and nonce to both workflows, the resulting signature does not match the one I generate (but yours is valid).  Very strange.

nicolezk1
5 - Atom

I have encountered the same issue with the macro - after adjusting the timestamp to the same timezone as the server*, I was getting the error "The provided signature(oauth_signature) is invalid." What solved the issue for me was removing the ":port" in the URL (https://COMPANY.com:PORT/gallery/api/v1) in order to calculate the oauth_signature, and then I added the ":port" later, in the same formula tool where I concatenated the URL with the oauth_signature. I hope it works for others that are looking for this answer.

*you can check the server's timezone but looking and the API call that the api-docs page provides

TimN
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

If we call the Gallery api externally from another application is there a way to limit the number of calls?  We would be using Post to run existing Alteryx Apps.

Thank You!