Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

API call for all job results (including errors) with Subscription access only

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

My account only has API Access to a node via subscription and I am trying to get a full extract of job results, including errors. Is this only something that can be done with Admin API calls? or is there a way to get the results from the Private Studio?  Essentially I want this list (which I have access to via the gallery portal: 

http://awsbcjnva1168.jnj.com/gallery/#!jobs

4 REPLIES 4
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @aehrenwo 

If you are considering jobs from  workflows that come from your studio, you could trigger the API in a sequence like this:

GET /v1/workflows/subscription/ - get the workflow Ids

GET /v1/workflows/{appId}/jobs/ - get the job ids for each workflow from your studio

GET /v1/jobs/{jobId}/ - get the job status and other information from each job

If you are considering jobs from workflows that have been shared with you through a collection, or through the public area of the gallery, then I think the only way to do that is by using the Admin API.

Cheers,

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

I am able to run the first GET to return the list of workflows and get the workflow IDs. However, if plug ANY of those workflow ids in the appId area and run the next API call it always comes back with an empty result even though I know they have been executed based on the run count. 

Response Body

[]

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@aehrenwo Great question! The gallery only keeps the job info for a set number of days. Our sever is set to 10 days, and I don't recall if that's the default or not. Within 10 days of the run, the jobs endpoint will return that jobID. After the 10th day, it will no longer return the jobID. The run count is cumulative and not affected by the 10 day thing. So I'm guessing that all of that jobs runs were more than 10 days ago. 

The only other thing I could think of is if somebody else is running your app, I'm not sure if you as the app owner would be able to see the results. 

ishavartak
5 - Atom

It seems to me as though as GET /v1/workflows/{appId}/jobs/ is only applicable to Analytics Apps, and not Workflows. I don't see how I can get the jobs for a workflow, as there doesn't seem to be anything in the API that can be used.

If you have managed to get the jobs for a workflow, do share it! I would be very grateful :D