Start your journey with Alteryx Machine Learning - Take our Interactive Lesson today!

Alteryx Machine Learning Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Machine Learning.
Getting Started

Start your learning journey with Alteryx Machine Learning Interactive Lessons

Go to Lessons
SOLVED

is comparison from the the assisted modeling correct?

Mujahed
5 - Atom

Greetings All, 

I am building a predictive model using the tool "Assisted Modeling". And I am comparing the models ( XGBoost, Random forest, decision tree, logistic regression using the graphs, and confusion matrix using the figures in the tool's report. When I finished the project my professor said that the comparison should be for the testing data not in the training data which I use when using the tool. My question is does Alteryx use something that makes the comparison good? so that I can convince my professor that what I found out from the comparison is true.

2 REPLIES 2
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey, @Mujahed,

Great question I struggled to find good information on this. AIS (Alteryx Intelligence Suite) automatically applies K fold cross validation. That means when you are comparing your models in the Assisted Modelling window you are comparing their test data results (averaged over many folds), this is a fair and arguably the best way to compare models. At no point does Assisted Modelling compare training data accuracy. IraWatt_0-1662634594821.png

I would assume the confusion matrix shows the combined results of each of the three test data fold results.

Mujahed
5 - Atom

Thank you so much for sharing this information with me. It was really helpful.