Start your journey with Alteryx Machine Learning - Take our Interactive Lesson today!

Alteryx Machine Learning Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Machine Learning.
Getting Started

Start your learning journey with Alteryx Machine Learning Interactive Lessons

Go to Lessons
SOLVED

Visualize clusters with centroids using Alteryx with Longitude and Latitude values

mboroto_89
8 - Asteroid

I need help to Plot the data submission_file_centroids.csv on the map as per attached sample cluster screenshot.

• You are only required to address clustering shops (customer_id) around the fulfilment centers.
  • See attached dataset submission_file_centroids.csv that has the column details.

P.s the longitude and latitude values are for KENYA

A centroid (represents a territory’swarehouse location)

14 REPLIES 14
KSowers
Alteryx
Alteryx

So for each Warehouse, you need to create a cluster/spatial object around all of the customers that it supports? Is this accurate?

mboroto_89
8 - Asteroid

@KSowers  that is correct!

KSowers
Alteryx
Alteryx

Let me know if this accomplishes what you are talking about! This is an iterative macro that loops through each warehouse location and plots the stores, the warehouse, and creates a convex hull poly. 

mboroto_89
8 - Asteroid

@KSowers thanks, though am unable to open the Workflow you've shared i keep getting below error message

This workflow was created by a more recent version of Alteryx, and may contain tools or functionality not present in this version. Alteryx does not support using an earlier version of Alteryx to open a workflow created with a newer version. For best results, download the latest version of Alteryx.

KSowers
Alteryx
Alteryx

Right click and open as a notepad, change the highlighted text in the image to be the version that you have of Designer and resave as a .yxmd file:

KSowers_0-1671826435845.png

mboroto_89
8 - Asteroid

@KSowers See below what i view when i open using notepad

Capture.PNG

mboroto_89
8 - Asteroid

In the meantime are you able to save/share as a .yxmd file ?

KSowers
Alteryx
Alteryx

That's the zip file, unzip it first with Alteryx (If it lets you) and try to open the .yxmd as a notepad, not the .yxzp.

mboroto_89
8 - Asteroid

Still not opening, are you able to share a screenshot of the workflow itself?