Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

in-db teradata date add function (interval) defect observed

davidhenington
10 - Fireball

looping in @bora_perusic 

Hello, 

I believe I have identified a defect (I would call it a defect as the interval function should be supported) with formula in-db and the interval function in Teradata. 

Where the field "Date of Service" is a DATE field as required: 

davidhenington_0-1590608843238.png

returns: 

davidhenington_2-1590609052180.png

Typically Alteryx in-db generates syntax that can differentiate between column aliases and strings. Here the syntax seems to be generating what the database sees as a string. 

Since the query fails I cannot generate the code with dynamic output in-db. 

Best - 

David

5 REPLIES 5
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

It's been a little while since I've been active in Teradata, but I believe the correct syntax requires there to be single quotes after the word "date", around the date string.

Try this:

date'"Date of Service"'+ interval '1' day

davidhenington
10 - Fireball

Update: NOT a defect

Since i'm passing along a dynamic int value as the interval 'amount', i have to cast the dynamic value as INTERVAL, which is an actual data type in Teradata! 

in formula in-db this looks like this: 

"Date of Service" + cast("Adjustment" as interval day)

Success! Works perfectly. 

davidhenington
10 - Fireball

HI Patrick, the problem at that point was actually the word DATE. Once I removed that, it ran successfully. 

Then I had to solve the INTERVAL problem, which was the critical blocker. 

bora_perusic
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks, @davidhenington !

davidhenington
10 - Fireball

no problem @bora_perusic ! I can just imagine how challenging it is to deliver all this functionality on all these different databases with their different SQL dialects! 

Labels